This qualification is intended to enhance the practice and understanding of people who work directly with victims of domestic abuse within a variety of roles such as Family Support Workers, Social Workers, Housing Support Workers, Counsellors and Refuge Workers.
About this subject area
Successful completion of this Award will give the learner the opportunity to seek employment in specialist roles within the sector such as an Independent Domestic Abuse Advisor.
It will also provide practitioners that are supporting high-risk victims and survivors of domestic abuse recognition as a trained professional.
The minimum age for access to this qualification is 18 years with experience of supporting vulnerable people.
This qualification was developed in partnership with The Haven Wolverhampton, a charitable organisation set up in 1973 that supports women and dependent children who are vulnerable to domestic violence, homelessness, and abuse.
A professor of Criminology at Birmingham City University assisted with the content which includes:
- Understanding domestic abuse within the context of Violence Against Women and Girls.
- The long-term impacts of domestic abuse on individuals, and children.
- Good practice in risk assessment when supporting people subjected to domestic abuse.
- Awareness of civil and criminal law remedies relevant to domestic abuse.
- Best practice in working with third parties to support victims and survivors of domestic abuse.
- Applying appropriate core values to enabling resilience in clients.
- The impact of supporting High-Risk Domestic Abuse victims and survivors on own wellbeing.
Follow the links below for more information about each qualification.
In order to deliver this qualification, centres must meet the requirements to deliver the qualification (which can be found in the Qualification Specification) and complete the Qualification Approval Application Form (QAF).
Open College Network West Midlands Level 4 Award in Supporting High-Risk Domestic Abuse Victims and Survivors Ref. 603/7228/X
A new regulated qualification developed with The Haven Wolverhampton, specialists in supporting victims and survivors of Domestic Abuse in order to provide accessible professional development for their staff and the wider workforce in the Violence Against Women and Girls Sector.