Short Qualification Offer
Short Qualification Offer
Fundable solutions for adult skills
We know the importance for providers to be focused on achieving successful outcomes for learners whilst making the most effective use of their budgets.
With this in mind we offer a wide range of short and flexible qualifications and units that can help you maximise your Adult Education Budget (AEB) funding and ESF contracts in an efficient way as they are ideal to fill any gaps in any AEB underspends. Our short qualification offer can be delivered using a range of learning and assessment methods to enhance your current provision.
Why Deliver Short Courses?
- Boost enrolments throughout the year by offering short course qualifications
- They are easy to take up and deliver throughout the year
- They can be delivered as part of a programme of study
- They can be used to support learner's tutorial time
- They support self-development and wellbeing
- They can be used for staff Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- They are ideal for learners aged 14-19 and 19+ to support employability and career development.
Do you receive an Adult Education Budget?
If you do, attract learners by taking advantage of the governments new policy offering free courses for low earners. Qualifications up to Level 2 may be fully funded for learners who are employed on low incomes.
We can work with you to tailor personalised qualification packages for your learners. You will also receive personalised support from our specialist team and gain access to a range of free learning resources.
The menu below provides full details of all the short qualifications linked to subject sector areas.
Health, Public Services and Care
- Level 2 Award in Child Development: (6 credits - 48 GLH)
- Level 2 Award in Dyslexia Awareness: (3 credits - 24 GLH)
- Level 2 Award in Introduction to Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities: (7 credits - 51 GLH)
- Level 2 Award in Postural Care: (3 credits - 24 GLH)
Please also take advantage of our First Aid Qualifications to upskill your staff.
- Agriculture, Horticulture and Animal Care
Engineering and Manufacturing Technologies
- Information and Communication Technology
- Retail and Commercial Enterprise
Art, Media and Publishing
History, Philosophy and Theology
Education and Training
- Level 1 Award in Mentoring Skills for Working with Young People: (1 credit - 10 GLH)
- Level 2 Award in Mentoring: (3 credits - 24 GLH)
- Level 3 Award in Mentoring Practice: (3 credits - 24 GLH)
Preparation for Life and Work
Click here to review additional courses within this sector:
- Level 1 Award in Developing Skills for Employment: (6 credits - 54 GLH)
- Level 2 Award in Employability: (3 credits - 24 GLH)
- Entry Level Award in Employability and Development Skills (Entry 3): (6 credits - 60 GLH)
- Entry Level Award in English (Entry 3): (6 credits - 60 GLH)
- Entry Level Award in Mathematics (Entry 3): (6 credits - 38 GLH)
- Level 1 Award in Health and Well-Being: (6 credits - 44 GLH)
- Skills for Living and Work Suite: (6 credits - 60 GLH)
- Level 2 Award in Understanding and Exploring Entrepreneurship: (3 credits - 26 GLH)
- Level 2 Award in Business Enterprise: (3 credits - 9GLH)
- Level 2 Award in Volunteering: (3 credits - 15 GLH)
Why a Short Qualification might be a good option for your Centre
- These diverse qualifications enable you to offer new provision so you can take advantage of your Adult Education Budget and current policy on free courses.
- Presently, qualifications up to Level 2 may be fully funded for learners who are employed and on low incomes.
- These short qualifications will enable you to increase your enrolments and diversify and extend your provision, making your own offer even more attractive to learners. They can be delivered as individual qualifications or part of a broader package which can be tailored to create personalised learning packages for adults.
- We also offer short qualifications as a way to support the delivery of study programmes for 16-18 year old learners and they can be a new addition to the study programme at this time of year to boost motivation, retention and achievement, increasing success within the curriculum and subject sector areas.
- A key element of our short qualification offer focuses on developing employability skills and preparing learners for work experience through a range of attractive short qualifications. They also focus on continuing personal and professional development and developing skills and confidence for future careers and jobs or further study.