Open College Network West Midlands Level 5 Award in Assessment and Multi-Agency Support for Families with Complex Needs
- Age range18+
National Subject Sector: 1.3 Health and Social Care
About this qualification
Learners will gain:
- A sound theoretical knowledge of child and adult safeguarding.
- An understanding of early trauma as a primary cause of poor outcomes, leading to Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE’s).
- An understanding of the legal procedures and wider partner agencies engaged in child and adult safeguarding.
- Improved professional management of case work through an understanding of theoretical models/approaches to their work.
Awareness of the legal processes involved in children’s entry to, and return from, Care and improved preparation for court proceedings.
Objectives of the qualification
The qualification is intended to enhance the practice and understanding of people who manage (or intend to manage) practitioners supporting families with complex needs in a multi-agency context.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
Successful completion of this Award provides professional development towards a senior or line
- Age range18+
To be awarded the Open College Network West Midlands Level 5 Award in Assessment and MultiAgency Support for Families with Complex Needs, learners must achieve:
- 12 credits from the Mandatory Units in Group M
- There are no Optional Units in this qualification.
Learners will need to have the maturity to work with children and families and be able to study at Level 4.
Portfolio of evidence.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- Hold or are working towards a Level 3 Award in Education and Training or its equivalent.
- Hold or are working towards a Degree in Psychology or Social Work.
- Have an in-depth background of Family Intervention Work.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in children and family intervention work.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now