Open College Network West Midlands Level 4 Award in Supporting High-Risk Domestic Abuse Victims and Survivors
- Age range18+
About this qualification
A training course for this qualification will be available from The Haven Wolverhampton from April 2021. Contact Rebecca.Matthews@havenrefuge.org.uk
Objectives of the qualification
The qualification is intended to enhance the practice and understanding of people who work directly with victims of domestic abuse within a variety of roles such as Family Support Workers, Social Workers, Housing Support Workers, Counsellors and Refuge Workers.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
Successful completion of this Award will give the learner the opportunity to seek employment in specialist roles within the sector such as an Independent Domestic Abuse Advisor. It will also provide practitioners that are supporting high-risk victims and survivors of domestic abuse recognition as a trained professional.
- Age range18+
To be awarded the Open College Network West Midlands Level 4 Award in Supporting High-Risk Domestic Abuse Victims and Survivors, learners must achieve:
- 12 credits from the Mandatory Units in Group M
- There are no Optional Units in this qualification
Learners will need to be supporting high-risk domestic abuse victims and survivors or have experience of supporting vulnerable people who have experienced trauma for a minimum of one year.
Portfolio of evidence.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- Hold a Level 3 Award in Education and Training or its equivalent.
- Have a minimum of three years’ experience of working in the field of Violence Against Women and Girls.
- Working towards or holds a Level 4 or above qualification in the subject area such as Independent Domestic Violence Advocate (IDVA) or Domestic Abuse Prevention Advocate (DAPA).
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working at a senior level in an appropriate sector such as Domestic Abuse Services, Social Care, Strengthening Families Hubs, or similar services in the voluntary or health sector.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
Privately funded or employer sponsored.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now