Open College Network West Midlands Level 2 Award in Postural Care
- Age range16+
About this qualification
This qualification can be used flexibly to meet learner needs.
Objectives of the qualification
Depending on the context of the learning and the needs of each individual learner, the qualification can:
- Promote awareness of the risks and benefits of protection of body shape
- Enable individuals to demonstrate their skill in relation to the support they are able to offer individuals requiring postural care
- Provide a clear rationale for therapeutic intervention with objective outcomes for the individual and their family
- Encourage the safe and considered use of therapeutic positioning in order to minimise risks to all involved.
Why choose this qualification?
This qualification is designed to support those working in Health and Social Care to increase skills. It is also useful for family members providing care for a person with movement difficulties.
- Age range16+
To be awarded the Open College Network West Midlands Level 2 Award in Postural Care, learners must achieve:
- 3 credits
Portfolio of evidence.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- The Postural Care CIC Leadership in Postural Care course; have delivered training in Postural Care, approved by Postural Care CIC.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in Postural care.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now