Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Bio-Medical Equipment Electrical Safety Testing
- Age range18+
About this qualification
The Medical Equipment Technologies suite of qualifications have been written for the Medical Equipment Technology sector to support individuals in this sector to develop their skills and achieve relevant qualifications. The qualifications also provide opportunities for those already working in the Medical Equipment Technology sector to gain qualifications for roles they currently hold. The Medical Equipment Technologies qualifications can also provide learners with the knowledge and skills to adapt existing skills and knowledge in engineering to develop new skills in the Medical Equipment Technologies industry.
Objectives of the qualification
These qualifications can be used flexibly to meet learner needs. Depending on the context of the learning and the needs of each individual learner, the qualifications can:
- Prepare individuals to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding;
- Prepare learners for employment;
- Support a role in the workplace;
- Encourage engagement in learning.
Why choose this qualification?
These qualifications have been designed to enable learners to:
- Service a variety of specific medical equipment technologies including:
- Anaesthetic equipment;
- Bio-Medical equipment;
- Anaesthetic and Ventilation equipment;
- Patient beds, trollies and operating tables;
- Operating Theatre and Surgical equipment;
- Medical Equipment Networking.
- Age range18+
To be awarded the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Bio-Medical Equipment Electrical Safety Testing, learners must achieve:
- 1 credit
Learners should hold a Level 3 qualification in engineering or engineering related subjects, or existing knowledge, skills and understanding at this level in engineering or engineering related subjects, or previous experience of servicing, maintaining or repairing electrical equipment.
Portfolio of evidence.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- hold a HND or equivalent level qualification in Engineering or Electrical Engineering
and have experience of working in a clinical engineering setting;
- up to date current knowledge of current medical practices;
- have access to physical resources and medical devices that are relevant and fit for
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in Medical Equipment Technologies.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now