Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Extended Diploma in Cyber Security
- Age rangePre-16
National Subject Sector: 6.1 ICT Practitioners
About this qualification
This qualification has been designed to provide learning and skills in Cyber Security for those considering pursuing a career in this sector.
Objectives of the qualification
Through a range of Mandatory units including Computer Systems, the Impact of Cyber Security, Information Technology for Business and the Internet of Everything learners will be aware of the dangers from and impacts of cyber security in a business environment.
Learners must have an interest in computer networks and associated technology and should be working at Level 2.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
On successful completion of the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Extended Diploma in Cyber Security, learners may progress to similar learning at the same or a higher level, or directly into employment in the cyber security field.
- Age rangePre-16
To be awarded the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Extended Diploma in Cyber Security, learners must achieve:
- 180 credits from Mandatory Group A
Learners must have an interest in computer networks and associated technology and should be working at Level 2.
Portfolio of Assessment, which may include practical demonstrations.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- A relevant teaching or assessing qualification at Level 3 or above such as the Level 3 Certificate in Education and Training.
- A relevant qualification in Computer Science/Cyber Security at Level 4 or above, or equivalent demonstrable professional experience in the field.
- A familiarity with Linux based Operating Systems, Penetration testing tools, Cyber defence methods and technology will be needed for some units.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in Cyber Security.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now