Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Outdoor Curriculum Co-ordination
- Age range16+
About this qualification
This qualification has been designed to enable individuals to gain skills and knowledge to support the delivery of the National Curriculum through outdoor play and activities
Objectives of the qualification
This will support educational organisations, home educators, ranger services and others to offer outdoor learning and increase opportunities for the delivery of outdoor learning linked to National Curriculum subjects. Health and safety, integrating the school curriculum into the outdoors and practical tasks in the outdoors are key aspects of the qualifications. Learners will be able to gain knowledge and skills on a range of chosen subjects from play work to gardening.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
Learners who successfully complete the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Outdoor Curriculum Co-ordination may move directly into teaching delivery of National Curriculum subjects in outdoor settings.
- Age range16+
To be awarded the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Outdoor Curriculum Co-ordination, learners must achieve:
- 6 credits from the mandatory unit group
- 4 credits from the optional units
Portfolio of evidence.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- A relevant Level 4 teaching qualification or equivalent.
- Evidence of teaching in the outdoors or adapting teaching methodologies and techniques to suit outdoor environments.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in Outdoor learning, learning and play, learning theories or Forest School programmes.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now