Open College Network West Midlands Level 2 Award in Dyslexia Awareness
- Age rangePre-16
National Subject Sector: 1.3 Health and Social Care
About this qualification
This qualification is designed to support staff to deliver education and training on Dyslexia to aid learners understanding of what is meant by Dyslexia, how it is diagnosed and its effects on individuals.
Objectives of the qualification
It will equip learners with the knowledge of how to address barriers and support individuals with Dyslexia to enable them to enhance their own and others educational, social, emotional and behavioural development and increase their independence. Learners can apply this knowledge to their current learning environment or work experiences.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
This qualification is suitable for those need to develop an awareness of Dyslexia and they can then progress to a deeper understanding of Dyslexia with further related study. This may include study within the suite of Personal WellBeing qualifications.
- Age rangePre-16
To be awarded the Open College Network West Midlands Level 2 Award in Dyslexia Awareness, learners must achieve:
- 3 credits from the Mandatory unit group
- No optional units for this qualification
Portfolio of evidence.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- Hold or are working towards a relevant teaching and assessing qualification at Level 3 or above.
- Have undergone related training in Dyslexia.
- Have one years’ experience in teaching, tutoring and assessing of learners (desirable).
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in the animal care sector.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now