Open College Network West Midlands Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Conductor Assistant
- Age range18+
National Subject Sector: 13.2 Direct Learning Support
About this qualification
Learners will know how children from birth to 19 years develop physically, socially and intellectually and how to plan and lead a small group activity within a conductive daily routine.
Mandatory topics include;
- Child Development and Well-being
- Promote Positive Working Relationships
- Working with Individuals and Groups undertaking a Learning Activity
- Development of Higher Level Conductor Assistant Role
- The Role of Observation and Facilitation in Developing Group Work
- Conductive Leading Skills
Objectives of the qualification
Provides learners with the knowledge and understanding to analyse and meet the challenges that classroom assistants may encounter. Learners will also gain knowledge and skills to work with individuals and groups, gaining insight into supporting learners with special educational needs.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
If you have an interest and a passion for working with people with special educational needs, helping to nurture their development through structured programmes enabling them to succeed.
- Age range18+
To be awarded the Open College Network West Midlands Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Conductive Assistant, learners must achieve:
- 36 credits from the Mandatory Units
Learners should be working in a Conductive Education setting. It is expected that potential learners will receive appropriate guidance and advice regarding the suitability of the qualification. This qualification requires workplace assessment which will need to be monitored by a qualified conductor.
Portfolio of evidence.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold one of the following recognised professional qualifications to work as a Conductor as stated by the Professional Conductor Association (PCA):
- BA(Hon) in Conductive Education, or
- Diploma in Conductive Education from Pető Institute in Hungary.
- Have minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Conductor.
- Have completed a Tutor Induction course at The National Institute of Conductive Education in Birmingham.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in Conductive Education.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now