Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Certificate for Forest School Leaders
- Age range19+
National Subject Sector: 3.2 Horticulture and Forestry
About this qualification
The Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Certificate for Forest School Leaders provides learners with the knowledge and skills required to support individuals in Forest School programmes and outdoor learning.
Objectives of the qualification
This qualification enables learners to gain the skills and knowledge required to plan and lead Forest School programmes. The Open College Network West Midlands suite of Forest School qualifications has been developed with the support of the Forest School Association and specialists in Forest School delivery and training.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
This qualification is designed to develop leadership, facilitation, practical and teaching skills to enable learners to understand the principles and ethos of Forest School. It also enables learners to deliver Forest School programmes. It is designed to meet the needs of school and college staff, teachers and teaching assistants, youth workers, adults and professionals in training to become a Forest School Leader. This qualification will prepare learners for further study and employment in the outdoors.
- Age range19+
To achieve the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Certificate for Forest School Leaders, learners must achieve:
- 18 credits from the Mandatory unit group
Portfolio of evidence.
We have created learner workbooks, tutor guides and additional resources for centres to use. Please contact your Business Development Manager for further details or our Business Support Team on 01902 624230.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- have a teaching or training qualification such as a Level 3, 4 or 5 Education and
Training Qualification, PTLLS (or equivalent);
- have Level 3 Forest School Leader accreditation;
- have a minimum of 2 years of experience, post qualification, leading Forest School
with at least one long term (i.e. through the seasons) programme with a variety of
- have a First Aid qualification of at least 16 hours in duration which includes an outdoor element;
- have professional indemnity and public liability insurance.
In addition, the Head of Centre, Centre Contact or Curriculum contact must:
- inform Open College Network West Midlands of any changes in staffing associated
with the delivery of these qualifications;
- hold public liability insurance.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in Forest School Delivery and Leadership.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now