Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Education and Training
- Age range19+
National Subject Sector: 13.1 Teaching and Lecturing
About this qualification
The Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Education and Training provides an introduction to teaching and training in a variety of contexts. The qualification offers trainee teachers and individuals currently training and assessing, the knowledge and understanding required for teaching.
The Award provides an introduction to teaching and explores roles and responsibilities associated with the teaching role. It covers the planning and delivering of sessions including engaging and motivating learners within a learning environment. It explores the different assessment methods and the need for record keeping. The delivery of an observed microteaching session or an assessed practice in a real work environment is a requirement of this qualification.
Objectives of the qualification
This qualification can be used flexibly to meet learner needs. Depending on the context of the learning and the needs of each individual learner, the qualification can:
- Prepare individuals to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding
- Prepare learners for employment
- Support a role in the workplace
- Encourage engagement in learning
Why choose this qualification?
This qualification has been designed to enable learners to:
- Facilitate learning for individuals
- Use inclusive teaching approaches to education and training
- Understand assessment in an education environment
- Age range19+
To achieve the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Education and Training, learners must achieve 12 credits:
- 3 credits must be achieved from Mandatory Group M
- 6 credits must be achieved from Group A
- 3 credits must be achieved from Group B
Portfolio of evidence.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now