Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Blended and Online Learning Delivery
- Age rangePre-16
National Subject Sector: 13.1 Teaching and Lecturing
About this qualification
This qualification will enable learners to increase their knowledge of the application of learning theories and strategies to blended learning delivery. They will gain an understanding of ways to design, deliver and facilitate blended and online learning. The qualification will offer individuals an opportunity to learn skills in using online delivery tools and strategies and to motivate and include learners in their own learning.
Objectives of the qualification
This qualification can be used flexibly to meet learner needs. Depending on the context of the learning and the needs of each individual learner, the qualification can:
- extend their role in education to include the design and delivery of blended and online learning
- support a role in the workplace
- encourage engagement in learning
The qualification is designed to enable the learners to:
- increase understanding of Virtual Learning Environment and online tools
- develop online learning sessions and resources
- gain knowledge of online safeguarding and promotion of digital well-being
- engage their learners in active blended and online learning
- prepare strategies for delivery of blended and online learning
This qualification is designed for those who have completed a teacher or trainer training course but who have limited or no prior knowledge of the design or delivery of online learning.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
This Award can offer additional skills to those working in adult and further education and intending to offer online learning to students. Learners may go on to further study in teaching in further or higher education or to study online learning delivery at a higher level.
- Age rangePre-16
To achieve the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Blended and Online Learning Delivery, learners must achieve:
- 6 credits from the mandatory units
- No optional units in this qualification
This qualification is designed for those who have completed a teacher or trainer training course but who have limited or no prior knowledge of the design or delivery of online learning.
Learners should have experience of planning and delivering learning in a school or in a post-compulsory education role such as FE, HE or work-based learning.
Learners should have sound basic IT skills including file management, operation of word processing and presentation software and the ability to use a web browser for searches.
Portfolio of evidence.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- A relevant Level 4 teaching qualification or equivalent.
- Evidence of previous experience in the delivery of blended and online learning or adapting teaching methodologies and techniques to suit blended and online learning delivery.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience assessing qualifications that are taught using blended and online learning techniques.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now