Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Practical Photography
- Age range18+
National Subject Sector: 9.2 Crafts, Creative Arts and Design
About this qualification
This qualification is designed to further develop learners’ photography knowledge, skills and understanding required to work in the sector or to undertake further learning.
Objectives of the qualification
A route for serving personnel as well as the veteran community to enter a new career within the media industry, or an option for military photographers to further develop skills.
The learners have no requirement to provide their own camera equipment – all learning resources will be provided. If, however a learner wishes to use their own equipment in addition, the tutors will facilitate this.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
Progression routes may include moving directly into employment or other qualifications. In addition, this course could give students the confidence to apply to join the Higher National Certificate (HNC) In Creative Media Production.
- Age range18+
To be awarded the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Practical Photography, learners must achieve:
- 6 credits from the mandatory units
Portfolio of evidence will include professionally captured and post-produced digital imagery as per assessment criteria. In addition, each learner will produce a Production journal articulating production and research evidence to support their work.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- A relevant teaching qualification at Level 3 or above, along with extensive professional experience working within photography.
- Experience of working with ex-military personnel, (so they have an understanding of the working practices, culture and challenges associated with the learners).
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in Photography.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now