Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award for Animal Licensing Inspectors
- Age range16+
National Subject Sector: 3.3 Animal Care and Veterinary Science
About this qualification
This qualification has been developed to enable learners with experience in licensing premises under the Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals) (England) Regulations 2018, to gain a formal qualification.
Objectives of the qualification
Learners will have their knowledge and experience assessed across a broad range of areas from animal care to legislation and facility inspection. Learners may have the opportunity to work as an animal licensing inspector under the new legislation.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
This qualification can be used by learners to gain employment in the sector with local councils or progression onto a Level 3 Diploma in a related subject.
- Age range16+
To achieve the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award for Animal Licensing Inspectors learners must achieve:
- 9 credits from the Mandatory Units
- No Optional Units in this qualification
Portfolio of evidence.
We have created learner workbooks, tutor guides and additional resources for centres to use. Please contact your Business Development Manager for further details or our Business Support Team on 01902 624230.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- A Level 4 qualification in in an animal care related subject and relevant, current experience in the animal care sector.
- A UK recognised teaching and/or assessing qualification.
- At least a year’s meaningful experience in working within the subject area of animal care and/ or welfare.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in the animal care sector.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now