Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming
- Age range16+
National Subject Sector: 3.3 Animal Care and Veterinary Science
About this qualification
The Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming is a flexible and thorough qualification that will prepare learners to carry out practical grooming and care of dogs. Learners will gain knowledge of potential health issues for dogs and skills in canine first aid.
Objectives of the qualification
This qualification can be used flexibly to meet learner needs. Depending on the context of the learning and the needs of each individual learner, the qualification can:
- prepare individuals to progress to a qualification in the same subject area but at a higher level or requiring more specific knowledge, skills and understanding;
- prepare learners for employment;
- support a role in the workplace;
- encourage engagement in learning.
Why choose this qualification?
This qualification has been designed to enable learners to:
- access a holistic approach to training;
- work practically with dogs;
- gain canine first aid skills;
- increase communication skills for working with dogs and their owners;
- gain skills to work with different breeds of dog.
- Age range16+
To be awarded the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming learners must achieve:
- 38 credits
Portfolio of evidence, including evidence of practical work.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- The City and Guilds Advanced Grooming Certificate 7750 or;
- The full 7736-03; or
- The new 7863-03 Diploma
Holds the Open College Network Level 3 Diploma in Dog Grooming
A relevant teaching qualification such as:
- the Level 3 Award in Education and Training; or
- the Level 4 Certificate in Education and Training; or
- Level 3 or 4 PTLLS (or equivalent).
- Principal tutor/ assessor will have minimum of 3 years practical experience.
NB The centre must have an appointed Canine First Aid practitioner and provide a copy of certification maintained every 3 years or as otherwise advised.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in Dog Grooming.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now