Open College Network West Midlands Level 2 Award in Dog Training and Husbandry
- Age rangePre-16
National Subject Sector: 3.3 Animal Care and Veterinary Science
About this qualification
This qualification has been designed to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding to pursue a career in canine care.
Objectives of the qualification
Learners will understand the basics of canine anatomy, physiology and behaviour and will be able to provide care, including physical enrichment for canines in their care.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
On successful completion of the Level 2 Award in Dog Training and Husbandry, learners may progress onto another Level 2 or a Level 3 Canine related qualification.
- Age rangePre-16
To achieve the Open College Network West Midlands Level 2 Award in Dog Training and Husbandry (Entry 3) learners must achieve:
- a minimum of 7 credits;
- 4 credits must be taken from Mandatory Group M;
- minimum of 3 credits from Optional Group A.
Portfolio of evidence.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- Level 3 qualification in Canine Behaviour and Training.
- Level 3 or higher qualification within an animal care related subject.
- A UK recognised teaching and/or assessing qualification.
- At least a year’s meaningful experience in working within the subject area of animal.
- Care and/or welfare with canine behaviour and training experience.
- Tutors must have access to the physical resources and practical equipment required to deliver the practical aspects of this qualification.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in the animal care subject area.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now