Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Diploma in Canine Care, Behaviour and Welfare
- Age range16+
National Subject Sector: 3.3 Animal Care and Veterinary Science
About this qualification
This qualification has been designed to provide learners with in-depth knowledge and understanding of the evolution, behaviour and training of domestic canines, including their care and welfare in kennels, home and boarding care.
Objectives of the qualification
This qualification also includes learning around canine handling and transportation and the law relevant to the care and welfare of canines.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
On successful completion of the Level 3 Award in Canine Care, Behaviour and Welfare, learners may progress onto any Level 3 Diploma qualifications in related areas, or they may progress directly into employment or self-employment in the canine care sector.
- Age range16+
In order to achieve the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Diploma in Canine Care, Behaviour and Welfare, learners must achieve:
- the 37 credits from the mandatory units;
- no optional units for this qualification.
Portfolio of evidence.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- A relevant teaching qualification at Level 4 or above.
- Level 4 qualification in canine care and welfare or demonstrable experience in the sector working at this level.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working in or assessing qualifications in canine care, welfare, behaviour or related subjects.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now