Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Diploma in Biodynamic Ecology
- Age range18+
National Subject Sector: 3.1 Agriculture
About this qualification
The optional units enable learners to demonstrate leadership in the management of either horticultural crop production or animal husbandry.
Mandatory topics include;
- The Farm Organism, Biodiversity and Environmental Accountability
- Holistic Support and Care
- Food and Nutrition
- Monitoring and Recording Weather
- Research Project Arising from Practice.
- The Therapeutic and Developmental Benefits of Practical Skills on a Biodynamic Holding.
- Understanding Animals from a Biodynamic Perspective.
Objectives of the qualification
Learners will gain the knowledge, skills and attitudes to become independent and confident biodynamic workers and to work effectively within a biodynamic or organic holding.
Successful completion of this Diploma provides professional development towards employment in agriculture and land work within the organic sector or care farming. Progression to higher level qualifications or degrees within the land sector or into employment, managing a small enterprise or supporting learning and development within the small agricultural and care farm sectors.For further details download the Qualification Specification
Why choose this qualification?
If you have an interest in sustainable land use and the therapeutic benefits of working with plants and animals for children and adults.
- Age range18+
To achieve the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Diploma in Biodynamic Ecology, learners must achieve:
- 66 credits from the units in Mandatory Group M
- 5 credits from one of the units in Optional Group A
The minimum age to access this qualification is 18. Learners will need access to a placement on a farm or holding that uses biodynamic methods for a minimum of 8 hours a week during the length of the course delivery.
Internal assessment by a portfolio of evidence.
To offer this qualification, centres must ensure that tutors hold or are working towards:
- Holds a Level 3 Award in Education or Training or its equivalent.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working in the Biodynamic Ecology sector.
- Working towards or holds a qualification at Level 3 in Biodynamic Ecology or a suitable land-based sector.
Internal Quality Assurer (IQA):
Centres must also ensure that they have in place an Internal Quality Assurance person who:
- Holds or is working towards a Level 4 Award in Internal Quality Assurance of Assessment Processes and Practices or its equivalent.
- Has substantial experience of working the Biodynamic Ecology sector or assessing land-based qualifications.
- Is familiar with the assessment requirements of the qualification for which they are the Internal Quality Assurer.
The Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) provide funding for different qualifications in England; details of which can be found here.
To search for our funded qualifications on the Hub type OPENCOLLNETWESTMID in the box “Awarding Org Code or Name”.
For further details and guidance on the various funding streams that relate to our qualifications, please go to our dedicated funding page.
Learner requirements, units and assessment informationdownload
Apply for this qualification
You can apply online now to offer this qualification.Apply now
Book a call back
To discuss your ideas with one of our advisors.Book Now