Scale up your training provision for adult learners through the National Skills Fund
What is the National Skills Fund?
The National Skills Fund is a £2.5 billion investment by the government to help adults to train and gain the skills they need to improve their job prospects.
Launched on 1st April 2021, the aim of The Fund is to:
- Boost the supply of skills required by employers
- Support the immediate economic recovery
- Protect valuable skills of the future.
At the Spending Review in November 2020, the Chancellor, Rishi Sunak, announced £375 million investment in the National Skills Fund which includes £95 million of additional funding for new level 3 adult provision.
The Level 3 adult offer is a long-term commitment by the government, as highlighted in the Lifetime Skills Guarantee, to remove the age restrictions and financial barriers for adults looking for their first level 3 qualification in key industry sectors.
Open College Network West Midlands has the following qualifications listed in the National Skills fund:
- Level 3 Certificate in Bathroom Installation Skills - 60306129
- Level 3 Certificate in Building, Installation and Property Maintenance Skills - 60306130
- Level 3 Certificate in Kitchen Installation Skills - 60306154
- Level 3 Certificate in Supervisory Management in the Workplace - 60327492
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Special Educational Needs - 6032790X
- Level 3 Certificate in Autism Support - 6032904X
- Level 3 Diploma in Specialist Support for Teaching and Learning in Schools - 60327522.
Why take advantage of these qualifications?
The benefits of delivering these qualifications for providers include:
- Funding of these qualifications will be available for adults aged 24+ from April 2021
- 19–23-year-olds will continue to be eligible for their first full Level 3 via the Adult Education Budget, as well as additional qualifications made available through this offer
- The qualifications will deliver skills in key sectors to match local labour market needs
- The Government is providing an uplift of up to £600 per qualification (Guided Learning Hours dependant) delivered as part of this offer to support providers to scale up the delivery of their level 3 provision for adults.
- There’s an opportunity to complement the level 3 adult offer via Skills Bootcamps - a free, flexible course of 12-16 weeks that gives people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with a local employer.
Delivering these qualifications in your centre
For more information regarding these qualifications, please get in touch by either:
- Contacting your Business Development Manager
- Calling us on 01902 624230
- Sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already one of our approved accredited centres?
Creating a new course to add to your portfolio is a straight-forward process, your Business Development Manager will be very happy to help you, please get in touch - see contact details above.
Thinking of becoming one of our centres?
This is also a straight-forward supported process! You can find out more about us by:
- Watching our video About Us.
- Reading our guidance on how to become an Open College Network Recognised Centre.
- E-mailing us at email@example.com
Contact our Business Development Team today via 01902 624230.