Qualifications for good mental health!
Mental Health Awareness Week:
9-15th May 2022
Qualifications for good mental health
It's Mental Health Awareness Week and this year's theme is loneliness.
Centres can use this opportunity to think about how they might support their learners' well-being to help them feel less lonely and better manage their mental health.
Our Health and Well-being qualifications are aimed at developing an understanding of lifestyle choices and other factors that relate to, and can impact on, health and well-being.
The qualifications in this suite include:
- Open College Network West Midlands Level 1 Award in Health and Well-Being (6 credits / 44 GLH)
- Open College Network West Midlands Level 2 Certificate in Health and Well-Being (15 credits / 121 GLH)
Key aspects of these qualifications
These qualifications provide a really good mix of different units to choose from, including:
- Beliefs & values / equality & diversity
- Drugs & substance misuse
- Sex & relationships
- Understanding body image / eating disorders / stress
- Developing assertiveness, confidence & self esteem
- Enrichment activity
- Interpersonal / Communication / Teamwork skills
- Recognising & dealing with bullying
- Understanding motivation / feelings & emotions / relationships
- Personal identity & self esteem
- Making decisions
- Understanding risk.
So, if you would like to:
- Offer your learners a qualification to enhance their well-being
- Develop learners' knowledge of the society within which they live and work
- Enhance and encourage the development of personal and social development
- Enable learners to become increasingly independent and make positive and informed life choices...
...then get in touch with us and join the growing number of schools, colleges and other training providers that are taking advantage of these great character building qualifications.
You might also like...
Other qualifications we offer include units that can be used to support good health and well-being are:
- Managing Workplace Stress and Wellbeing
- Living Independently
- Skills for Living and Work
- Peer Mentoring
- Working with Gangs and Youth Violence
- Employability and Development Skills
Please get in touch with our Business Development team to find out more about the range of units we have available to support good health and well-being.
Delivering these qualifications in your Centre
For more information regarding any of these qualifications, please get in touch by either:
- Contacting your Business Development Manager
- Calling us on 01902 624230
- Sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already one of our approved accredited centres?
Creating a new course to add to your portfolio is a straight-forward process, your Business Development Manager will be very happy to help you, please get in touch - see contact details above.
Thinking of becoming one of our centres?
This is also a straight-forward supported process! You can find out more about us by:
- Reading our guidance on how to become an Open College Network Recognised Centre.
- E-mailing us at email@example.com