Qualifications for good mental health this Mental Health Awareness Week
Mental Health Awareness Week:
10-16th May 2021
The Mental Health Foundation is hosting its annual Mental Health Awareness Week and this year’s theme is ‘Nature’.
There are lots of ways in which organisations can get involved and discover how connecting with nature can be good for our mental health.
We are also shining a spotlight on our Health and Personal Well-Being qualifications, aimed at developing an understanding of lifestyle choices and other factors that relate to, and impact on, health and well-being.
Health and Personal Well-being qualifications
Our Health and Personal Well-being qualification include:
- Open College Network West Midlands Level 1 Award in Health and Well-Being (6 credits / 44 GLH)
- Open College Network West Midlands Level 2 Certificate in Health and Well-Being (15 credits / 121 GLH)
Key aspects of this qualification
These qualifications provide a really good mix of different units to choose from, including:
- Beliefs & values / equality & diversity
- Drugs & substance misuse
- Sex & relationships
- Understanding body image / eating disorders / stress
- Developing assertiveness, confidence & self esteem
- Enrichment activity
- Interpersonal / Communication / Teamwork skills
- Recognising & dealing with bullying
- Understanding motivation / feelings & emotions / relationships
- Personal identity & self esteem
- Making decisions
- Understanding risk.
So, if you would like to:
- Offer your learners a qualification to enhance their well-being
- Develop learners' knowledge of the society within which they live and work
- Enhance and encourage the development of personal and social development
- Enable learners to become increasingly independent and make positive and informed life choices...
...then get in touch with us and join the growing number of schools, colleges and other training providers that are taking advantage of these great character building qualifications.
Other qualifications we offer that include units supporting good mental health include:
- Managing Workplace Stress and Wellbeing
- Living Independently
- Skills for Living and Work
- Peer Mentoring
- Working with Gangs and Youth Violence
- Employability and Development Skills
Please get in touch with our Business Development team to find out more about the range of units we have available to support good mental health.
Delivering these qualifications in your centre
For more information regarding these qualifications, please get in touch by either:
- Contacting your Business Development Manager
- Calling us on 01902 624230
- Sending us an e-mail to email@example.com
Already one of our approved accredited centres?
Creating a new course to add to your portfolio is a straight-forward process, your Business Development Manager will be very happy to help you, please get in touch - see contact details above.
Thinking of becoming one of our centres?
This is also a straight-forward supported process! You can find out more about us by:
- Watching our video About Us
- Reading our guidance on how to become an Open College Network Recognised Centre.
- E-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact our Business Development Team today via 01902 624230.