Latest update from the Quality team - September/October 2021
Welcome to the Quality Team update. Welcome back to the start of the year within Open College Network West Midlands.
New addition to the team:
There has been a new addition to the Quality team, Sarah Bailey is our new Compliance Manager. Sarah will be working very closely with the Director of Access and Compliance and overseeing the Quality and Product Development teams.
Within our RQF provision we have had the following new qualifications developed which are available on our website:
- Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Pet Photography
- Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Wildlife Photography
- Level 6 Diploma in Veterinary Physiotherapy with Hydrotherapy
- Level 4 Certificate for Higher Level Conductive Assistant
- Level 3 Diploma in Biodynamic Ecology
If you feel you need some advice or support on the development of a customised course, regulated qualification and/or QEL course that we don’t currently offer, please get in touch with the our Business Support team via email@example.com who will be happy to discuss this with you further.
Centre Assessment Standards Scrutiny (CASS):
CASS covers additional requirements and guidance from Ofqual on how awarding bodies manage risks associated with assessment judgements carried out by our centres.
There has been significant work internally over the last 12 months to ensure we are ready to fully implement CASS. We have recently been busy updating and providing training to our pool of External Quality Assurers (EQAs) on our new Quality Assurance Processes that align with the requirements of CASS (see article below for further details).
We will be holding several online Centre updates after October half term to explain further what CASS is, how this has changed our quality assurance model, and what this means for you as a centre. Please keep an eye on our website for further details.
Are your learner records up to date?
Did any learners leave or withdraw without achieving their qualification or units? Please withdraw them if they have.
The following policies have been updated. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with them:
- Appeals policy and procedure
- Sanctions policy and procedure
- Malpractice and Maladministration policy and procedure
- Reasonable adjustment and special consideration policy and procedure
- Registration and Certification policy and procedure
- Recognition of Prior learning policy and procedure
- Complaint's policy and procedure