ISVA qualifications for professionals working in the sexual violence sector
Sexual Abuse & Sexual Violence
7-12th February 2022
Independent Sexual Violence Adviser (ISVA) Practitioner Training
If your organisation is involved in the sexual violence sector, working with clients who require support after experiencing rape or sexual violence, we can help you to equip staff and volunteers with the skills they need through our ISVA Practitioner Training this Sexual Abuse & Sexual Violence Awareness Week.
Level 4 Diploma in ISVA Practitioner Training
Available at Diploma level, this qualification is designed to:
- Accredit individuals who already work as an ISVA in the rape and sexual violence sector
- Encourage individuals to engage in learning and develop their knowledge and understanding of the ISVA practitioner role and improve their skills
- Consider the effects on wellbeing of those working with sexual violence
- Provide support for all adults, children, young people and families affected by sexual violence
- Carry out a risk assessment and safety planning when working with survivors of sexual violence
- Support survivors of sexual violence through the Criminal Justice System or to seek Civil redress
- Present a person-centred approach to supporting all survivors of rape and sexual violence.
The minimum age for access to these qualifications is 18 years.
The benefits of this qualification for your learners include:
- It will give the learner the opportunity to seek employment as an Independent Sexual Violence Adviser (ISVA) within the rape and sexual abuse sector upon successful completion
- It will also provide ISVAs, currently working within this sector, with recognition as a trained professional.
Working in the Sexual Violence Sector
We have a suite of other qualifications for professionals working in the Sexual Violence Sector and Advocacy for Working with Survivors of Sexual Violence including:
- Level 2 Award for Professionals Working in the Sexual Violence Sector - 601/6285/5
- Level 2 Certificate for Professionals Working in the Sexual Violence Sector - 601/6512/1
- Level 3 Award for Professionals Working in the Sexual Violence Sector – 601/6148/6
- Level 3 Award in Advocacy for Working with Survivors of Sexual Violence - 603/1052/2.
- Level 3 Certificate for Professionals Working in the Sexual Violence Sector - 601/6510/8
- Level 4 Diploma in Working Therapeutically for the Legacy of Rape, Sexual Violence and Childhood Sexual Abuse - 601/2612/7
Delivering these qualifications in your Centre
For more information regarding any of these qualifications, please get in touch by either:
- Contacting your Business Development Manager
- Calling us on 01902 624230
- Sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already one of our approved accredited centres?
Creating a new course to add to your portfolio is a straight-forward process, your Business Development Manager will be very happy to help you, please get in touch - see contact details above.
Thinking of becoming one of our centres?
This is also a straight-forward supported process! You can find out more about us by:
- Reading our guidance on how to become an Open College Network Recognised Centre.
- E-mailing us at email@example.com