Free Level 3 qualifications for adults
Scale up your training provision for adult learners
Free level 3 qualifications for adults
Any adult aged 19 and over, who does not already have a level 3 qualification (equivalent to an advanced technical certificate or diploma, or A levels) or higher, can access fully funded level 3 courses.
In addition, any adult in England earning under the National Living Wage annually (£18,525) will also be able to access these qualifications for free, regardless of their prior qualification level.
This offer is part of the government’s long-term commitment to help everyone gain skills for life. Courses are available in a variety of lengths, to support adults to get the skills they need to boost their careers.
Open College Network West Midlands' free Level 3 qualifications for adults
The following qualifications are eligible through this scheme:
- Level 3 Certificate in Bathroom Installation Skills - 603/0612/9
- Level 3 Certificate in Building, Installation and Property Maintenance Skills - 603/0613/0
- Level 3 Certificate in Kitchen Installation Skills - 603/0615/4
- Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Special Educational Needs - 603/2790/X
- Level 3 Certificate in Autism Support - 603/2904/X
Why take advantage of these qualifications?
The benefits of delivering these qualifications for providers include:
- Funding for the free level 3 qualifications will be routed via Mayoral Combined Authorities and the Greater London Authority for residents in those areas of England
- Funding for the free level 3 qualifications for residents in all other areas of England will be routed via the Adult Education Budget and administered by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA).
- The qualifications will deliver skills in key sectors to match local labour market needs
- The Government has provided an uplift of up to £600 per qualification (Guided Learning Hours dependant) delivered as part of this offer to support providers to scale up the delivery of their level 3 provision for adults.
- There’s an opportunity to complement the level 3 adult offer via Skills Bootcamps - a free, flexible course of up to 16 weeks that gives people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with a local employer.
Delivering these qualifications in your Centre
For more information regarding any of these qualifications, please get in touch by either:
- Contacting your Business Development Manager
- Calling us on 01902 624230
- Sending us an e-mail to email@example.com
Already one of our approved accredited centres?
Creating a new course to add to your portfolio is a straight-forward process, your Business Development Manager will be very happy to help you, please get in touch - see contact details above.
Thinking of becoming one of our centres?
This is also a straight-forward supported process! You can find out more about us by:
- Reading our guidance on how to become an Open College Network Recognised Centre.
- E-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org