Discover qualifications for outdoor learning
Outdoor Learning Qualifications
Adapting to today's learning requirements
Are you a training provider, school or college thinking about equipping staff / learners with the skills and knowledge to support the delivery of the National Curriculum through outdoor play and activities?
Our outdoor learning qualifications do just this!
We understand that a number of Centres are offering remote training and considering outdoor learning opportunities.
In order to provide you with the perfect qualification package to support you, your staff and your learners, we developed an Award in Outdoor Curriculum Co-ordination that is linked to our Forest School provision.
Outdoor Curriculum Co-ordination
Our Level 3 Award in Outdoor Curriculum Co-ordination qualification has been designed to enable individuals to gain skills and knowledge to support the delivery of the National Curriculum through outdoor play and activities.
This qualification, supports:
- Educational organisations
- Home educators
- Ranger services
- Others who offer outdoor learning and increased opportunities for the delivery of outdoor learning linked to National Curriculum subjects.
Key aspects of this qualification
Learners will be able to gain knowledge and skills on a range of chosen subjects including:
- Health and safety
- Integrating the school curriculum into the outdoors
- Practical tasks in the outdoors.
Learners who successfully complete the Open College Network West Midlands Level 3 Award in Outdoor Curriculum Co-ordination may move directly into teaching delivery of National Curriculum subjects in outdoor settings.
Forest School qualifications
Our suite of Forest School qualifications provides the knowledge, understanding and skills needed for learners to take part in Forest School activities.
Our qualifications include:
- Level 1 Award in Forest School Ethos and Principles
- Level 2 Award for Forest School Assistants
- Level 3 Award in Forest Kindergarten: Local Nature Play
- Level 3 Certificate for Forest School Leaders
Benefits of delivering these qualifications
- Provide a comprehensive platform of progression to higher levels of study in this subject area
- Ensure learners understand the principles and ethos of Forest School learning
- Enable learners to gain skills to support Forest School leaders and Forest School programmes
- Develop leadership, practical and teaching skills to become an effective Forest School Leader.
- Come with FREE RESOURCES.
Delivering these qualifications in your Centre
For more information regarding any of these qualifications, please get in touch by either:
- Contacting your Business Development Manager
- Calling us on 01902 624230
- Sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already one of our approved accredited centres?
Creating a new course to add to your portfolio is a straight-forward process, your Business Development Manager will be very happy to help you, please get in touch - see contact details above.
Thinking of becoming one of our centres?
This is also a straight-forward supported process! You can find out more about us by:
- Reading our guidance on how to become an Open College Network Recognised Centre.
- E-mailing us at email@example.com