Celebrating International Day of the Midwife with Access to HE
International Day of the Midwife
Did you know, each year over 40,000 learners in the UK register on Access to HE Diplomas with most going on to succeed in higher education and embark on life-changing new careers?
Our most popular Access to HE qualifications studied by learners in recognised centres are within the healthcare sector, which includes the Access to HE Diploma (Midwifery).
- provides the foundation of knowledge to help prepare learners for studying midwifery at degree level
- offers a selection of tailored units to help your learners to understand the health sector and the role and responsibilities of the midwife
- provides an opportunity for learners to study a range of biological science units to enhance their understanding of human anatomy and how the body works.
Challenging stereotypes with Access to HE
On International Day of the Midwife we are celebrating learners like Stuart who are challenging stereotypes by having completed an Access to HE Diploma (Midwifery) at East Sussex Colleges Group.
Stuart has since gone on to study Midwifery BSc (Hons) at the University of Worcester and we wish him the very best of luck!
"The Access to HE Midwifery course was completed around my current work commitments and three small children. The course allowed me to gain an insight academically into the profession that would equip me for university.Stuart Wilson-De Jour, Access to HE (Midwifery) "The knowledge gained from each assignment has given me a greater understanding of patient facing and continuity care. "The Access course has enabled me to progress on time management skills, planning assignments and how to structure written work effectively."
Thinking of offering Access to Higher Education Diplomas to your learners?
Access to HE Diplomas can transform lives by enabling learners who do not have traditional qualifications to progress onto degree courses in higher education.
- are highly respected qualifications and acknowledged routes to higher education throughout both the FE and HE sectors
- provide the knowledge and skills needed to progress to Level 4 at University or College
- enable learners who may be lacking in confidence, without formal educational backgrounds or who have other commitments, to succeed in Higher Education.
Solutions for online and blended delivery through Pearl
Centres are considering more online and blended delivery approaches than ever before; so we wanted to remind you of our innovative Pearl platform to support this transition.
Pearl is a full spectrum online learning platform, bringing together all that is positive about online learning.
Pearl enables the delivery of Access to HE Diplomas through a blended learning option, allowing easy integration of modules into your current delivery.
Benefits of using our online provision:
- Ready prepared content and assessment materials
- Save time and tutor resources
- Increased income and participation
- Opportunity to offer diplomas previously rejected due to low student interest
- Significant cost savings and increased learner engagement.
We are happy to offer you a free demonstration of Pearl to see how it can work for you as a provider and for your learners.
Simply call or email a member of the Business Development Team to arrange a mutually convenient time for your demo on 01902 624 230 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Delivering these qualifications in your Centre
For more information regarding any of these qualifications, please get in touch by either:
- Contacting your Business Development Manager
- Calling us on 01902 624230
- Sending us an e-mail to email@example.com
Already one of our approved accredited centres?
Creating a new course to add to your portfolio is a straight-forward process, your Business Development Manager will be very happy to help you, please get in touch - see contact details above.
Thinking of becoming one of our centres?
This is also a straight-forward supported process! You can find out more about us by:
- Reading our guidance on how to become an Open College Network Recognised Centre.
- E-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org