Build Back Better with our Construction qualifications
Dig into our suite of
Construction Qualifications to help
Build Back Better!
Open College Network West Midlands has a comprehensive range of Construction qualifications that are available for Centre registrations.
These National Vocational Qualifications have been developed with the Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) in line with the relevant National Occupational Standards (NOS).
If you are looking to qualify new learners, or upskill existing ones, we have a qualification for you!
National Skills Agenda
Construction is one of the largest sectors in the UK economy with a turnover of £370 billion, contributing £138 billion in value added to the UK economy and employing 3.1 million people (9% of the total UK workforce).
As such, it is one of the Government’s priority sectors as highlighted in the UK’s Industrial Strategy. The Construction Sector Deal specifically sets out an ambitious partnership between government and industry that aims to transform the sector’s productivity through innovative technologies and a more highly skilled workforce (source: www.gov.uk).
Equipping people with the skills they need to get back into work quickly, if their jobs have been impacted by Covid-19 for example,
Construction Subject Sector Areas
We are pleased to announce therefore, that our construction qualifications listed below by subject sector area, have been developed with the CITB to meet industry requirements and are available for registration:
- Associated Industrial Services Occupations
- Building Maintenance Multi-Trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations
- Cladding Occupations
- Construction and Civil Engineering Operations
- Construction Site Management
- Construction Site Supervision
- Controlling Lifting Operations
- Decorative Finishing and Industrial Painting Occupations
- Formwork Occupations
- Interior Systems
- Occupational Work Supervision
- Plant Operations
- Roofing Occupations
- Trowel Occupations
- Wall and Floor Tiling
- Waterproof Membrane Roofing Systems
- Wood Occupations
Why choose these qualifications?
- Our qualifications range from entry Level 1 to Level 6 NVQ Diploma
- They provide learners with the opportunity to branch out within a given trade through an extensive range of pathways within each qualification
- They offer learners the opportunity to demonstrate knowledge, understanding and practical skills within a specific trade
- Achievement of these qualifications will provide the evidence required for the learner to apply for a Skilled Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card
- Competitively priced registration costs
- Suitable for Centres looking to qualify new learners, or upskill existing ones
- Suitable for sector employers who deliver their own training and need to upskill their workforce quickly
- We will work closely with your organisation to ensure you get the right support enabling learners to complete in a timely manner
- We are currently developing further qualifications to cover the 56 National Occupational Standards.
- Learners must be aged 16 and over.
- For an NVQ qualification, learners must be employed in an appropriate role in the workplace to be able to generate evidence of competence.
- A variety of assessment methods are used. For example, Assignments/projects/reports, Worksheets, Portfolio of evidence, Record of oral and/or written questioning, Candidate test papers.
Delivering these qualifications in your Centre
For more information regarding any of these qualifications, please get in touch by either:
- Contacting your Business Development Manager
- Calling us on 01902 624230
- Sending us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Already one of our approved accredited centres?
Creating a new course to add to your portfolio is a straight-forward process, your Business Development Manager will be very happy to help you, please get in touch - see contact details above.
Thinking of becoming one of our centres?
This is also a straight-forward supported process! You can find out more about us by:
- Watching our video About Us
- Reading our guidance on how to become an Open College Network Recognised Centre.
- E-mailing us at email@example.com